First City Monument Bank (FCMB) is one of the many banks in Nigeria, with its branches scattered across the nation. FCMB is one of the banks that place the satisfaction of its customer above as top priority. One of the many ways they do this is to ensure their customers can carry out transactions on their account and essential banking functions from their convenience; hence, the FCMB USSD code.
The FCMB USSD code gives you a convenient way to carry out bank transactions from the comfort of your home using your mobile phone. In this article, we will look at everything you need to know about this service.
Table of Contents
What Expect From This Article
The information you will find in this article are:
- What Is The FCMB USSD Code?
- Benefits Of Using The FCMB USSD Code
- FCMB Codes And Their Functions
- How To Transfer Money Using The FCMB USSD Code
- How To Enroll/Register For FCMB USSD Code
- How To Activate the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Transactional code
- What Is The FCMB USSD Daily Transfer Limit
- FCMB USSD Code To Check Your BVN
What Is The FCMB USSD Code?
Customers no longer need to visit a bank branch to make non-cash withdrawals and deposits; instead, they may do it from the convenience of their homes, which lowers the cost of managing transactions for banks and increases client comfort.
Mobile banking powered by USSD can be used to conduct smooth financial operations like money transfers, bill payments, account balance checks, and the generation of bank statements
Customers must dial the magic code from their phone that is linked to their bank account to use ‘bank on the go’ with the USSD code without paying for data.
At the First City Monument Bank, it is believed that banking should not be a rigorous and stressful process, so they came up with a unique code that their customers can use from the comfort of their homes to carry out simple banking functions. With the FCMB USSD code, banking has become a whole lot easier.
The FCMB USSD transfer code can be used to make transfers from your account to another account, you can also use the code to carry out other functions, some of which are; checking your account balance, recharging your phone, recharging a friend’s phone, register/reset pin/create transaction code, buy data, pay for a subscription on your decoder, and many others.
Benefits Of Using The Mobile USSD Code
There are so many benefits of using the FCMB USSD codes to carry out transactions and essential functions on your account. A few of these benefits are outlined below.
- Stress-free transactions: the FCMB USSD code allows you to carry out transactions seamlessly without going through the hassle of bank queues and waiting long hours to attend to.
- It doesn’t require an internet connection and can be done using any mobile phone. So even without data or an internet-enabled phone, you can still carry out transactions using the FCMB USSD codes. Now tell me what’s not to love in using the USSD code. If you are not already using the FCMB USSD code, I wonder why…
- It can be accessed easily. The FCMB USSD code is a 24-hour, seven-days-a-week service. This means that it is always available at any particular time and anywhere.
- It is safe and secure. The USSD code is a safe means of transaction on your account. The security of USSD codes is further enhanced with the USSD pin. For every transaction you make, you must provide a pin that is known only to you. In cases when our pin gets compromised, you can also easily change it to another one.
- Also, the FCMB USSD code can be used on any network service provider; Glo, Airtel, MTN, or 9mobile.
FCMB Codes And Their Functions
The basic USSD code for the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) is *329#. You can dial this code on your mobile phone, and a list of options will appear. Then you can now select the option best suited to your need. However, there are other more specific codes that you can dial, and it will take you directly to the function you want. Below is a list of the applicable FCMB codes and their unique functions.
- To top up your recharge balance: recharging your line/sim card has been made as easy as possible; all you have to do is dial *329*Amount#
- Topping up another phone number: to recharge another phone number, you can dial *329*Amount*Mobile number#
- Funds transfer: with the FCMB USSD code, you can easily transfer funds from your account to another account by dialing; *329*Amount*Account number#
- Check bank balance: to check the balance on your account, dial *329*00#
- To register/reset a pin/create a transactional code, you will need a pin before transactions. To create this pin or reset it, dial *329*0#
- Paying for GOTv/ DSTv subscription: dial *329*2#
- To block your debit card, dial *329#, select self-service, and then select “block card or debit card.”
- To link your BVN, dial *329#, select self-service and then select “link BVN”
- If you want to block your account, dial *329#, select self-service, and then select “block account.”
- Dial *329# and then select “statement,” then also select “full statement” and then duration to get your statement for the duration selected, or you can select “mini statement” to get the statement for the past five (5) transactions.
How To Transfer Money Using The First City Monument Bank USSD Code
Transferring money from your FCMB account to another account is as easy as ABC; all you have to do is dial *329*Amount *Account number#. For example, to transfer N10000 from your account to another account number (40112345678), all you have to do is dial *329*10000*40112345678#. You will be asked to input your pin, and viola; the money will be transferred immediately.
How To Enroll/Register For FCMB USSD Code
Before using the FCMB USSD code, you must enroll in this service. Don’t fret because even registering is as simple as changing your shoes. However, you must note that you can register using any phone type and the sim linked to your account. Simply follow the steps below:
- Dial *329#
- A prompt message will appear. Follow it
- You will be required to enter your debit or ATM card’s last digits
- Next, you will be asked to create a 4-digit secret pin
How To Activate the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Transactional code
The FCMB transactional code is needed to transfer up to N500,000 daily. To activate this code;
- Dial *329*0#
- Select create or reset code
- If you have multiple cards, then you will have to select the ATM card you wish to use
- Next, enter your ATM card pin
- Next, you can now create a 4-digit transactional code, for example, 0000
- Lastly, enter your USSD pin
That’s it; you have successfully created a transactional code for your account.
What Is The FCMB USSD Daily Transfer Limit
While using the FCMB USSD code to carry out transfers, one must know that there is a daily transfer limit. This means that there is a maximum amount that you cannot transfer above within a day. However, if you wish to transfer above this limit, you will have to generate a transaction code.
Code To Check Your BVN
You can easily check your BVN on your mobile phone as an FCMB user. This code works for all network service providers, i.e., Glo, MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile. To check your BVN on your mobile phone, follow the steps below.
- On your mobile phone, dial *565*0#. This code will only work when dialed from the phone number registered with your FCMB bank account.
- After you dial the code, you will have to wait for a few minutes, and your BVN will be displayed on your phone screen.
For more details on how to check your BVN, check out our previous post using this link; https://www.naijastate.com/how-to-check-bvn
Using the FCMB USSD code to carry out transactions and other functions on your account, guarantees a quick, safe, and stress-free banking experience.
Leave a reply