Knowing how to borrow data from MTN is very important. You could run out of data anytime when you’re in the middle of a critical task. Running out of data can be frustrating and can happen anywhere, for example, during a business meeting or in a formal setting. You might need help getting airtime, but you need data right away. Did you know you can borrow data immediately and pay it back later?
This MTN Package has been in existence way back since 2014 but is still unknown to a lot of People.
As easy and juicy as it sounds, not everyone can borrow data from MTN. However, if you abide by some simple rules, you will be among the lucky ones eligible to have unlimited access to borrowing data from MTN when urgently needed and paying it back later.
Interested in knowing the tips or criteria to enable you to be among the lucky ones who can enjoy this offer from MTN? Then stay glued and read to the end of this article, which will show you a step-by-step guide on what qualifies you to participate in this fantastic offer.
The offer is not open to Nigerians only; those using the MTN network and roaming outside Nigeria can also enjoy borrowing data; however, for this article, we will be restricting our discussion to the options open to those applicable within Nigeria alone.
Things to consider before you can borrow data from MTN
To borrow data from MTN, there are specific considerations to be fulfilled, which are:
1. You must have been a valid MTN user for the past three months.
2. You must have recharged your MTN line with at least N200.00 every month
for the past three months.
3. There must be no pending debt to MTN on your line that is less than the amount you requested.
How to borrow data from MTN using USSD
There are two methods for borrowing data using USSD
How to borrow data from MTN using *606#
- The particular steps to follow to borrow data from MTN are:
- Open the call app on your phone.
- Enter the code *606# on the Sim you intend to use to borrow data.
- Your screen will show a list of options.
- Select the “borrow data” option (usually captioned “Request Xtrabyte”) on your phone’s screen.
- The screen will display different amounts of data to borrow.
- Select the amount you are willing to borrow from the options.
- Then confirm your transaction.
- You will receive a prompt notice that your transaction has been successful.
How to borrow data from MN using *131#
- Open up the dialer in your app.
- Enter the code *131#.
- Then, you will see various options displayed. Select Option 5 – BorrowCredit/Recharge.
After this, you will see more options. Select Option 2 – Borrow Data
- Finally, you will be presented with a list of options to choose from:
100MB\1d @ N115
- From this list, you select the option you want.
How much data are you allowed to borrow from MTN?
How much mtn data you can borrow depends on how much airtime you load on your phone every month. Like every lending scheme, MTN will begin by lending you a small amount of data at the beginning of the initial period or when you start borrowing. For instance, MTN will increase the amount you can borrow once you have exhausted 100 MB or 200 MB of data.
When MTN knows you are reliable, it lends you data based on how much airtime you load on your phone monthly. As a result, the amount each individual can borrow from MTN varies from person to person. Therefore, someone who frequently recharges their phone could get 500 MB to 1 GB of data from MTN. On the other hand, another person who only recharges sometimes may get 50MB to 100MB from MTN.
Please note that a service charge applies to any data you
borrow, which is 15% of the amount you request. The service charge is automatically removed from the MTN user’s next recharge. Essentially, if you can purchase 2 GB with N1000.00, you will be surcharged 15% of this sum, which is N150.00. So instead of buying 2GB with N1000.00, you will buy it at N1,150.00.
How long will the data borrowed from MTN last
Borrowing data from MTN offers advantages, but remember that it does not endure forever. Any loan you take has an expiration date. This expiration date is displayed next to the loan choice.
The duration of these loans varies. Loan terms are typically 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, or 30 days. If you do not complete your data before the loan’s expiration date, your data will be lost. You will be unable to use expired data, which will not be carried over.
To get the most out of your purchase, use the data you borrowed from MTN before it expires.
With the information we have provided on how to borrow data from MTN, you have learnt one or two things about how to borrow data from MTN within Nigeria.
Please don’t be afraid to ask questions in the comments, and we’ll do our best to answer quickly.
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to check Airtel Data Balance
- How to transfer airtime on MTN
- How to subscribe to Airtel Night Plan
- How to link your NIN to MTN
- How to subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to check your balance on 9Mobile
- How to check your data balance on Glo
- How to share data on MTN
9mobile Data Plans
- How to Stop Auto renewal on MTN