Do you want to know how to check your Airtel Data Balance from anywhere in Nigeria? If your answer is yes, this post is for you.
If you are in Nigeria today, you are likely using a phone. In that case, there is a high chance you have an Airtel number. For Airtel users, knowing how to check your Airtel data balance is something you’d need if you are on a limited data plan.
In 2016, Airtel Nigeria, one of the leading Telecom companies in Nigeria, launched its new thematic campaign. The campaign’s name was “Data is Life.” The ad featured a multi-talented actor and singer, Gabriel Afolayan, and told the story of a lost man on an island. He was stranded for ages and tried several times to get help but couldn’t. The ad was an allegory about how frustrated and lost digital natives can feel without data.
This portrayal is unarguably accurate, as data is life to any modern phone user. It can quite frustrating when you lose connectivity and don’t know how to check your data balance. Just in case you have been experiencing difficulty checking your Airtel Data balance, this post will take you through three ways to quickly check your Airtel data balance.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance using USSD Codes in Nigeria
This method is one of the easiest ways to check your Airtel balance. USSD codes sometimes called “secret codes,” provide a quick and fast way to check your Airtel Data Balance. Below is a simple guideline for using USSD codes to check your Airtel Data balance.
- Start by opening up the Phone app on your mobile phone.
- Dial code *141#. This action will bring out a list of various options.
- Type in (star) *, which then takes you to the page displaying the list of options.
- Similarly, enter 12 (or 13, as the case may be).
- Then, you will see an option for “Data Balance.” Select this option.
- On selecting this option, you will automatically receive a pop-up message with your available data balance.
- Subsequently, you will receive a text message with your current data balance.
This method of checking your Airtel Data balance is relatively easy. However, you can simplify the process further by dialing *141*11*0#. After doing this, you will see a pop-up and receive a text message showing your data balance.
How to Check your Airtel Data balance via the Airtel Mobile App
The Airtel Mobile app is beneficial to both old and new Airtel subscribers. The mobile app helps you leverage all of your Airtel services and gives you access to most of Airtel’s services, including checking your data balance on your dashboard.
Here is a detailed guide on downloading and installing the Airtel Mobile App, along with checking your data balance on the Mobile App.
Downloading the Airtel Mobile App
- Open Google Play Store (on Android) or App store (iOS).
Search for “My Airtel.” Download and install on your mobile phone.
- Launch the mobile App on your phone.
- You will be required to sign up with your registered mobile number and a password. Please, ensure you put in your correct phone number and a password that you can easily remember, as these details will be required to log in to your account.
A validation process will occur as you receive a One-Time Password (OTP). You use this OTP in the next step of the process to finish the signup process. (Skip the above steps if you already have the mobile app and are registered).
- Once you have the Mobile App installed, log in with your sign-up details. You will immediately see your data balance on the home page if you already have an active data plan.
How to Checking Airtel Data balance on Airtel Mobile App
You may be using one or more Airtel services. If you use just one Airtel service, stay on the “Manage” page to check your data balance. While on this Manage page, you will see a recharge dashboard that shows you the type of service connection – prepaid, postpaid, DTH, etc. For instance, you will see the following:
Prepaid | 720XXXXXXX
Just beneath this, a list of 3 options:
- Daily Data Left
- Unlimited Calls
Airtel applies a daily data limit if you have opted for an unlimited recharge. Subsequently, you will see the “Daily Data Left” option on your recharge dashboard. This option will show you how much data you have left for the day.
If you use one or more Airtel services, these services – prepaid, postpaid, DTH, etc., will be in a small tab at the top left of the ‘Manage’ page. Immediately you click on this tab, it takes you to a new page where you can now check your data balance under any service connection you want.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance via Airtel Website
Before you leave, let’s look at the last available option to check your data balance. You have one last chance if the two options above aren’t the best for you. You can check your data balance via the Airtel official website. To check your Airtel Data balance via their website, follow the guidelines below:
- Visit the Airtel Selfcare Website.
- Enter your phone number and tap on the “Send OTP” button.
- If you have multiple data plans on your Airtel account, check the sidebar on the left of the page and click on the particular account connection (postpaid, prepaid, DTH, etc.) you prefer.
- After clicking on the one you prefer, you will see the amount of data you have left in Megabytes (MB). And the number of days left on your plan.
I hope you enjoyed going through these three easy ways to check your Airtel data balance. In this guide, we showed you how to keep track of your available data balance so that you do not suddenly run out of data on your Airtel SIM from anywhere in Nigeria.