A frequently asked question is how to check GLO balance. It is important to keep track of how to check your glo data and airtime balance to avoid embarrassment. How can this lead to embarrassment, you ask? One example could be having an important business meeting. Then losing your Internet connection in the middle of a presentation. That’s crazy.
So, keeping tabs on your balances is as essential as owning a phone. Glo is one of Nigeria’s “not so many” network providers and has many ways of checking airtime and data balances very quickly.
Surprisingly, many people buy Glo airtime without knowing how to check their credit balance. It is 2022. The demand for data has grown, and many people will need to take more care to understand how to check their airtime and data balances. This article is the ideal guide for those looking for information on how to check their data balance on Glo.
This article will show different ways to check your Glo data and credit balances on your mobile devices. The methods discussed can be used on both Android and iOS devices.
How to Check Glo Airtime Balance
Checking your Glo airtime balance can be quickly done using your phone, and yes! It does not cost a dime. Below are two (2) methods to use
Method 1: Check your Glo Airtime balance via USSD code
Checking your Glo airtime balance is relatively easy. Please, see the steps to check your Glo balance below:
- Go to your phone dialer
- Dial *124*1#
- Then, your airtime balance will be displayed on your screen.
Please remember that this service is free and does not incur any fees.
Method 2: Check your Glo airtime balance using the Glo mobile app
To make use of this method, you will need the following:
- A smartphone (Android or IOS device).
Mobile data or an internet connection.
If you have the above, then you can go ahead and check your airtime balance as described below:
- Check that you have connectivity. And if you don’t turn on your mobile data.
- Download the Glo Mobile App from the Google play store(for Android devices) or Apple play store ( for iOS devices).
- After downloading the App, ensure the App is installed on your phone and then open the App.
- Type your Glo number in the space provided to activate the App.
- Upon activation, the App will process your airtime balance and display it.
Most people find it a lot more convenient to use this method because, with this one, you only have to install the App once on your phone. Subsequently, as you open the App, your current airtime balance is displayed. Therefore, to keep viewing your account, all you have to do is:
- Turn on your mobile data
- Open the App
Then, you will see your airtime balance displayed. Your airtime balance is one of many items on display. You can also see your bonus balance, active data plan, and remaining data bundle from the screen. Also, you can use the Glo mobile app to assess other Glo self-service actions, such as:
- Airtime purchase and recharge.
- Data purchase
- Chat with a customer care representative
- National Identification Number (NIN) linking
- Check the Tariff you are on
The Glo mobile app is reliable for all your Glo services. It requires no extra charges, and your information is secure. If you are a Glo user and are yet to activate the Glo mobile app, feel free to do so today.
How to Check Data Balance on Glo
Knowing how much data you have left is as essential as knowing how much credit you have left on your Glo line. In this article, we have shared several methods you can use to check your data balance.
Method 1: How to check Glo data balance using USSD code
How to check glo data balance can seem a daunting question. But all you have to do is follow the simple steps below:
- Open the dialer on your phone
- Dial *777#.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen with the following options:
- E- Top Up
- Berekete 10x
- My tariff
- Intl Calls and Roaming
- 11KOBO Plan
- Borrow Credit or Data
Another pop-up will appear with the following:
- Buy data plan
- Match day special offer
- Showmax data offer
- Gift data plan
- Share data plan
- Check the data balance
- Manage data plan
Then click on “Get data balance.”
Your data balance, including your bonus data balance, will be displayed.
Method 2: How to Check Glo data balance using SMS
To get your data balance, text “INFO” to 127 and await a response. Usually, you should receive an SMS containing details of the data plan you are subscribed to, your data balance, and its expiration date.
Alternatively, you can dial the short code *127*0# on your mobile phone, and a pop-up message containing your data balance and expiry date will be displayed.
Method 3: How to Check balance using the Glo HIS Portal
The Glo HIS Portal is a self-service platform that subscribers can use to control and manage their internet plans. To access the Glo HIS portal, you must visit http://hsi.glo.com. It’s important to know that this portal is only available on the Globacom network and won’t work with other mobile or Internet networks.
Method 4: How to Check data balance using the Glo Mobile App
This is similar to the method used to check your Glo Airtime balance. To use this method, you will need the following:
- A smartphone (Android or IOS device)
Mobile data or an internet connection
If you have the above, then you can go ahead and check your data balance as described below:
- Ensure your mobile data is turned on or you have data connectivity
- Download the Glo Mobile App from the Google play store( for android devices) or Apple play store ( for IOS devices)
- After downloading, ensure the App is installed on your phone and then open the App
- Type in your Glo number in the space provided to activate the App.
- Upon activation, the App will process your data balance and display it.
- Most people find it a lot more convenient to use this method because you only have to install this one App once on your phone. And every time you open it, it shows you how much data you have left.
How to Check Glo Data Bonus Balances
It is no longer news that Glo offers her customers amazing bonuses (both data and credit bonuses). Since 2022, checking your Glo bonuses has become more straightforward than previous years. You still needed to know how to determine how much bonus you had or how much you have left.
To check your Glo bonus balance, you can do the following.
Check your Glo Data Bonus Balance using the USSD Bonus codes
- To check your Glo bonus balance, dial *122#. Next, information on your bonus balances and expiration dates will be presented.
- To check your Glo welcome offer, for those who retrieved their lost Glo line, dial *122*34# or *122*35#, as the case may be.
- If you have the Glo BUMPA package, you can check your bonuses by dialing #122*2#.
- To check your Glo data plan bonus, dial *127*0#.
- To check your Glo Campus booster voice bonus, dial *122*10#. If you are on the Glo Berekete tariff plan and want to check your Berekete balance, dial *230*1#.
Data is life, but so is airtime. Staying up-to-date with your airtime or data level can save you the stress of unexpectedly running out of data or airtime. This article showed you how to check your data balance, credit or airtime balance, and bonus balance in a few easy steps.