It is an open secret that many candidates that seat yearly for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) do not know how to check their result. In fact, I hear so many JAMB candidates and prospective candidates ask this question a lot; how do I check my JAMB result? While many others want to know if they can check their JAMB result with their phone? The answer to that is while you cannot print your JAMB result slip directly from your phone, you definitely can check your JAMB result on your mobile phone. This will be explained better in the remaining part of this article.
If you are one of those candidates that keeps wondering: “how to check my JAMB result”, then this article is for you. In this article, I will be showing you everything you need to know about checking your JAMB result.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) administers the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), a Computer-Based Test (CBT) to applicants for admission to Nigerian tertiary institutions.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has been authorized by the federal government to conduct its examination for prospective students into any higher institution in Nigeria (University, Polytechnics, colleges and other higher institution of learning)
There are two major ways to check your JAMB result, these methods are:
- Through the online portal using your JAMB registration number
- Via SMS
Table of Contents
Previous Methods Of Checking Your JAMB Result
Checking your JAMB results in previous years, involved the purchase and use of the JAMB scratch card. This is a card containing enclosed pin. This pin was usually required of you before you can check your JAMB result. Formerly, candidate usually spend a lot just to check their result, but, in 2017, JAMB introduced a new method of checking results. This new method involved the use of your registration number. With this new method, candidates no longer have to spend anything to check their JAMB result. Sounds interesting right? Well, let us take a look at this new method, but before we do that, let us see what the JAMB registration number is.
What Is JAMB Registration Number?
I know you might be wondering what the JAMB registration number is. Many students may even feel frustrated trying to figure out which is their registration number. I will tell you what the JAMB registration number is and how to locate it on your registration slip.
The JAMB registration number is a unique code (comprising letters and numbers) that is given to you upon enrollment for the JAMB examination. This registration number is unique and peculiar to each candidate. This means that no two (2) candidates have similar registration number.
Funny enough, this JAMB registration number is written boldly and clearly on any of your JAMB slip; registration slip (this is the slip you were given at the point of registration), exam schedule slip (this is the slip that contains details of your examination; time, date and venue), result slip (the slip containing your result). Therefore, if you happen to misplace or forget your registration number, you can check any of this slip to get it back.
Now, let us look at how you can check your JAMB result online 2022 with your Registration number.
How To Check Your JAMB Result Using Your JAMB Registration Number
This method involves the use of the JAMB online portal or website. To check your result using this method, follow the steps below:
- Visit the jamb online portal or website. To visit the JAMB portal click on this link jamb.gov.ng
- On entering the JAMB portal, you will be required to enter your JAMB registration number or the email address you used in registering for the JAMB examination.
- Next, you should click on the “check result” button
- After that, your JAMB result slip containing your JAMB score will be displayed. Now, you can choose to either download it or print it out directly from the JAMB website. Note that, if you are using your phone to check it, you will not be able to print it out directly. What you can do though, is to either download it or go to a cyber café to check it and print it out directly.
There you have it, simple and easy to follow steps to check your 2021, 2022, 2023 JAMB result.
Jamb Result Checker Via SMS
The second method you can use to check your JAMB result or your Jamb score is through SMS. This method is not just easy to use, but also efficient and requires less amount of stress. Although, this method is not free, as you will be charged a token for every time you check your JAMB score using this method.
Now here is how you can go about it:
- On your mobile phone, open the messaging APP
- Then send “RESULT” to 55019
- You will receive a response shortly with your name and JAMB score (your overall JAMB score and your score for each subject you wrote)
- The text (RESULT) should be written in capital letters for this method to work.
- You can only use the phone number you used for your JAMB registration to send this message. I.e. use the phone number you imputed during registration to send the SMS.
- This method will cost you N50, which will be deducted from your recharge balance on your SIM card.
- You may not receive a response immediately, so you will have to be patient, as the response will come shortly.
- If you send this text from a phone number that was not used during registration, you will receive a text indicating that the phone number was not used for registration.
So what do you do if you cannot remember the phone number you used during registration? Let us see how you can check your JAMB phone number.
How To Check Your JAMB Phone Number
Your JAMB phone number is the phone number you used during your enrollment or registration for the UTME examination. If by chance or for any reason, you forget this number and you want to check it, then this is what you have to do:
- Visit the JAMB portal by clicking this link https://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Login by providing your registration number or email address and password in the space provided, and then click on the “Login” button.
- Once logged in, click on “Profile”
- Your JAMB details (name, registration number, phone number and others) will be displayed on the screen.
- Copy out the phone number somewhere or save it to your phone for future purpose.
To change your JAMB phone number, visit any JAMB office around you and request to change your JAMB phone number. Take along the following:
- Your JAMB registration number
- Your JAMB email (the email you used for registration)
- Your JAMB password
- The old phone number you wish to change
- The new phone number
- An affidavit from the court stating that the old phone number belongs to you.
How To Print Out Your Original Result Slip
Printing out your original JAMB result is very important. This is because, it is the original JAMB result and not the online printout (i.e. the one you print out directly from your portal when you check your result) that will be required of you by your Institution of choice during the remaining part of your admission process.
To print out your original JAMB result slip, do the following:
- Access your JAMB profile online by clicking on this link; http://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/login
- On the left side of the page, you will see a list containing the services on the portal, click on ‘PRINT RESULT SLIP’
- Next click on the “PROCEED TO PAYMENT” button to pay for this service via Remita
- After payment have been made successfully, you will be asked to select the examination year.
- next, you will need to enter your JAMB registration number. Then go ahead to print your original result.
You can choose to save your original result as a PDF document for printing later at a cafe. You can also request to be sent the original result slip via email.
Alternatively, you can just visit any cyber café near you and ask them to help print out your original JAMB result slip. Ensure to print colored copies and make photocopies for later use. Note that, your original JAMB result slip will always be available online, so you can print it at any time.
The methods shared in this article are not limited to just checking your JAMB 2023 result. You can also use it to check your result from earlier years; like checking your 2021 JAMB result or checking your 2018 JAMB result.
lastly, checking your JAMB result should not be a herculean task anymore. With the methods, we have showed you above, you can conveniently check your JAMB result using your phone or any cyber café.
Leave a reply