Knowing how to check WAEC results using a phone is a simple process.
You can do this from the comfort of your home or on the go. You can quickly check your WAEC results at home or on the go without going to a computer center, the WAEC office, or your secondary school.
WAEC, or the West African Examinations Council, is a regional organization. They conduct and administer public examinations in West African Anglophone countries. West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Gambia.
These exams are usually held in May/June and are critical for students seeking to further their education in a higher institution or enter the workforce.
The importance of checking one’s WAEC results cannot be overstated. These results determine a student’s eligibility to attend universities or apply for certain jobs. It is crucial to check the results promptly and address any issues or concerns as soon as possible.
We’ll make it much easier for you in this article by explaining how to check WAEC results on a phone. This blog article is all you need, regardless of whether you wrote WEAC last year (2022) or in years past.
All you need is a phone with internet access and a WAEC result checker pin (e-PIN), and you’ll be able to access your results in no time. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to view your scores and be one step closer to your future.
Two(2) Easy Methods On How To Check WAEC Result With A Phone
By following these two methods below, you can see your WAEC results using your phone
1. Checking online for WAEC results
2. Using SMS to check your WAEC results
What You’ll Need to Check
When it comes to requirements, there are a few things you’ll need to have in order to get check your WAEC results.
1. First and foremost, you’ll need a phone. This can be a smartphone or a basic cell phone, as long as it can send and receive text messages.
2. WAEC Scratch Card PIN (e-PIN)
3. Your Examination Serial number
4. Examination Year
5. Examination Type
6. An internet connection (For those that want to check online, you’ll need to be connected to the web in order to access the necessary information)
So, in short, having these essential items is all you need to check your WAEC result.
1. Without any one of these, this checking process won’t be complete.
2. You must have your e-PIN (WAEC result checker PIN). This e-PIN is a unique 10-12 digit number that you can purchase with any valid WAEC voucher, either physically or online. One e-PIN Voucher can only be used to check one result.
3. You will need a new e-PIN Voucher in order to check a different result. You can use one (1) e-PIN to check your results a maximum of five (5) times.
Moving on, the next section of this blog article will outline the steps on how to check WAEC results with your phone using the two methods mentioned above (the online method or the SMS method)
1. Online Checking of WAEC Result
Simply put, using the online way to check WAEC results is the best course of action because it is so much more reliable.
WAEC has an official website online where they upload all their candidates’ results. So, if you wrote that the last year was 2022, your results have been uploaded already. Even if you took the exam in previous years, you can check your WEAC results online by following the steps outlined below:
1. Visit the WAEC official website by Clicking here
2. You get to see a section where you are to input your details like your examination number, examination type, examination year, and so on
3. Start by putting in your 10-digit Examination number(Your 7-digit number center number which is followed by a 3-digit candidate number eg 4123456789.)
4. This is your 3-digit candidate number, which is followed by your 7-digit center number, for example, 4123456789.
5. Select your examination year from the drop-down menu
6. Select your examination Type
7. Enter your scratch card pin (e-PIN )
8. Select the serial number on the scratch card (e-PIN Card Serial Number)
9. Click on the submit button
10. Wait for some time. The results window will show up with your subjects and grades.
Things to Note:
1. Students are advised to use CIVAMPENS Card given to each candidate. This card contains the serial number and PIN for the West African Examination Council’s (WAEC) result checker. If you misplaced this, then you can purchase a new scratch with a new e-PIN
2. For those with an examination year less than 1999 (examination year<1999), you have to enter your 8-digit examination number (your 7-digit center number, which is followed by a 3-digit candidate number, e.g., 19865001).
3. It’s advisable to print out the results and keep them for future purposes. When your checking card usage has run out in the future, you might require it.
2. Checking WAEC Result via SMS
Checking WAEC results with your phone via SMS is really simple. Ensure you have enough credit available on your phone, as a charge fee of N30 will be taken from your airtime balance for this. This does not serve as a free WASSCE result checker.
Also, ensure that your scratch card PIN (e-PIN) is available. Once you have all of these items, you can proceed as follows:
1. Get to your messaging app on your phone
2. On your phone, compose a new text message.
3. In the recipient field, type in WAEC*PIN*ExamYear e.g WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2022
4. Send the message to the shortcode 32327 (For all MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers)
5. Wait for a reply from WAEC with your results (your subjects and grades).
Make sure to carefully follow the format described above. The message shouldn’t contain any spaces.
It’s that simple. There’s no need to go to a cybercafé or wait in long lines. With the power of technology, your results are just a text message away.
So take a deep breath, send that text message, and take the first step toward your future.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q: I encountered problems while checking my results. What should I do?
Answer: If you had problems checking your WAEC results, please submit the information below to [email protected] for validation and help.
1. The error message you got
2. Examination number
3. The type of examination
4. Your year of Examination
For further information and inquiries, you can visit the WAEC office that is closest to you.
Q: Can I use the e-PIN Voucher I bought last year to check my results for the current year?
Answer: Yes, you can. A result checker e-PIN Voucher purchased in a prior year is still valid for usage in the following year, however, keep in mind that only one e-PIN Voucher may be used to check a single result. You will need a new e-PIN Voucher in order to check a different result.
Q: I am having problems with my examination number. It keeps showing an Incorrect number whenever I try to check my result. This is the correct examination number I used in sitting for my WAEC exams. What should I do?
Answer: Please proceed to the closest WAEC office to correct any information that you accidentally submitted during the registration process.
Q: I wrote WAEC in 2012. Can I still check my WAEC Results?
Answer: Yes, you can. WAEC has uploaded all their candidates’ results online. You can check your result online or via SMS. Checking online you can select your specific examination year from the drop-down menu or follow the format specified above via SMS
Q: I mistakenly inputted a different examination number, and I received an error message showing that my examination number is incorrect. Can I still use the same e-PIN I used initially?
Answer: You can only use one e-PIN Voucher to check one result. You will need a fresh e-PIN Voucher in order to check another result of interest. You will need to buy a new e-PIN Voucher if you attempt to check a result other than your own.
Checking one’s WAEC results is a crucial step in securing a bright future. It is the culmination of months, if not years, of hard work and dedication.
Gone are the days when students had to physically go to their school or a WAEC office to check their results. With the advent of technology, checking results has become much more convenient and you can do this from the comfort of one’s home, via a phone.
It is best to visit the WAEC office or your alma mater for the original certificate for future reference.
In short, checking WAEC results is a must for every student, and with the ease of technology, there is no excuse for not staying informed about one’s academic progress.
Reach out to us via our comment section and also send in your suggestions, comments, and questions there.