Knowing how to get your MTN tranfer pin is the first step to being able to sharing and showing love to friends and loved ones. With MTN you can conveniently transfer airtime credit to friends, loved ones and family members. This is an amazing feature that allows you send and receive airtime to your friends and foe alike. Transferring airtime on MTN is quick and easy, but as easy as it is, sometimes we get stuck on the “enter your PIN” prompt and then we start wondering, what pin are they requesting for? Do I need a PIN to make transfers? How do I get the right PIN? Does the PIN change any time I do transfers? Well, in this article I will be answering all these questions.
What Is The MTN Transfer Code?
The MTN transfer PIN is a 4 digit combination code that is needed as a form of security code when making airtime transfer on MTN. The default transfer PIN for every MTN line is 0000. However, before you can carry out airtime transfer, you will be required to change this PIN to another personalized 4 digit PIN. The new PIN you choose should be something you can easily remember. Before we go into resetting or retrieving the MTN transfer pin, let us take a quick look at the MTN Share and Sell.
What Is The MTN Share And Sell All About?
The MTN Share and Sell is a service that allows you to transfer, send, or share your airtime with your family and friends. In simple terms it means that using this service, you can send airtime from your current airtime balance. Note that, you cannot send more than the amount you have in your current balance. Before accessing this service you already have a default pin (0000). Now, this is the pin that you use for transfer and this is the pin you will need to change to a more personalized one. Click on the link below to check if you are eligible for the MTN share and sell, https://www.mtn.ng/personal/mtn-share/#:~:text=Dial%20*777*Recipient’s%20Number*,that%20the%20transfer%20was%20successful.
How To Reset Your Transfer Pin
Now, let us look at how we can reset our PIN from the default 0000. There are two (2) methods you can use to change the default pin, they are: The SMS method The USSD method
The SMS Method
The steps in this method are: 1. Open the messaging application on your phone and click on the “create new SMS” icon 2. Enter 777 as the recipient number 3. Then, on the body of the message, write: Old PIN, New PIN, New PIN. Then press send. NOTE: This SMS should be sent using your MTN line. For example, let us say you want to change the default PIN (old pin) which is 0000 to a new pin, 2468, then you will text “0000 2468 2468” to 777. 4. You will receive a message indicating that your PIN has been changed successfully.
The USSD Code Method of getting MTN Transfer PIN
The second option available is the use of the USSD code. Like the other one mentioned above, this method is easy to follow and efficient. To change the default pin using USSD code, follow the instruction below:
- Go to the dialer of your mobile phone and dial the code using this format; *600*old pin*new pin*new pin#. For example, let us say you want to change the default PIN(old pin) which is 0000 to a new pin, 2468, then you will; open the dialer on your phone and dial, *600*0000*2468*2468# and click on the dial button.
- Then you will receive a message indicating that you have successfully changed your MTN transfer pin. The pin you choose should be something you can easily remember, however, it should not be something anyone can easily figure out, to avoid someone else taking your phone and making an airtime transfer. What then happens if you forgot your pin subsequently, or if someone else knows your pin and you need to change it? I will show you how you can change your MTN transfer pin if you forgot it or if for any reason you need to change it.
How To Retrieve Your Lost MTN Transfer Pin
It is very common to forget your transfer pin after you have changed it from the default pin. Most people after changing the default pin and some other time, they need to make airtime transfer, just get stuck when they are asking to provide their pin. This is because, being only 4 digits, the MTN pin is quite easy to forget. But, just in case you forgot the pin, do not worry, you are in safe hands, all you have to do is follow the simple steps I will outline below.
- Open the messaging app on your mobile phone
- Enter 556 as the recipient of the text.
- On the body of the message, type “YES” and press the send button.
- You will receive a text message stating that your new default pin is 0000, and then you will be asked to reset it to a personalized pin.
- All you have to do now is follow the steps on changing the default pin. For clarity sake, I will outline them again. Text “old pin new pin new pin” to 777 or dial *600*Old pin*New pin*New pin# Alternatively, you can call the MTN customer care by dialing 180 on your MTN line, and when they start attending to you, tell them your name and phone number, answer any question they ask you and follow the instructions they give you to get your PIN changed.
If you follow any of the steps above, you will easily get your MTN transfer pin changed in no time and you can start sending airtime to your friends and family. There you have it, easy way to change your MTN transfer pin on your mobile phone.
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to check Airtel Data Balance
- How to transfer airtime on MTN
- How to subscribe to Airtel Night Plan
- How to link your NIN to MTN
- How to subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to check your balance on 9Mobile
- How to check your data balance on Glo
- How to share data on MTN
- 9mobile Data Plans
- How to check your glo data balance
- Glo Data Plans
- How to Stop Auto renewal on MTN