Are you an Airtel customer struggling with how to recharge in Airtel? Don’t worry, recharging your Airtel SIM is a simple process.
First of all, let’s talk about why knowing how to recharge in Airtel and recharging your phone is so important.
We all know how annoying it is to run out of phone credit or airtime. When your Airtel line is low on credit, you risk missing important calls and running out of data, and you will be shut off from the outside world and unable to make calls or send messages.
That is why, as an Airtel customer, knowing how to recharge your Airtel SIM is crucial. Because you rely on your phone for everything—from texting and calling to using the internet and keeping in touch with loved ones.
That’s why we’re here to help. In this blog article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about recharging your Airtel SIM, including the various options available.
Now here, the intriguing part is that recharging in Airtel is quick and simple, and it just takes a few minutes.
Do you find this exciting? If so, then let’s begin.
Various Options On How to Recharge in Airtel
Airtel is one of the leading telecommunications companies that offer a variety of ways for customers to recharge their accounts. Before going through these various options, we will give you tips on making a successful recharge in Airtel.
Tips for Successful Recharge in Airtel
Recharging is one thing, but successfully doing so is another. Along with displaying all of the various options for how to recharge with Airtel, we also want to make sure your recharge is successful.
Here are some of the tips to watch out for to ensure hassle-free recharge in Airtel
- Double-check the recharge amount and phone number: Before hitting the “confirm” button, ensure you have entered the correct recharge amount and phone number. A simple mistake can lead to a failed recharge or a recharge from the wrong phone.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection: If you’re doing an online recharge, it’s essential to have a stable internet connection. If your connection is spotty or slow, the recharge process could be disrupted, leading to a failed recharge.
- Keep track of your recharge history: It’s a good idea to keep track of your recharge history, including the date, amount, and any promotions or discounts you may have received. This can help you budget your phone usage and take advantage of any promotions that may be available.
Following these tips, you can ensure a successful recharge in Airtel and keep your phone running smoothly.
Without further ado, let’s go over all the various options and the procedures you must take for each one.
Option 1: How to Recharge in Airtel using USSD Recharge ShortCodes
Recharging your Airtel prepaid account using USSD codes is the most popular method because it is quick and easy. We will be showing you two USSD recharge codes.
i. USSD Recharge Code for Physical Scratch cards
If you need a quick recharge for your Airtel SIM card, one option is to use a physical recharge card. These cards, also known as scratch cards, can be found at various locations, including convenience stores, supermarkets, and phone shops.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use a physical recharge card to top up your Airtel SIM
- Purchase a physical recharge card from a retailer or shop. Make sure to check that the card is specifically for Airtel SIM cards.
- Find the PIN number at the top (sometimes on the back of the card). This is a long series of numbers that is unique to each card. You will need this PIN number to complete the recharge process.
- Dial *311* followed by the PIN number, then #, and then press the call button. For example, if your PIN number is 123456, you would dial *311*123456# and then press the call button.
- Wait for a confirmatory message showing your recharge was successful with your current recharge details. You will receive a notification on your phone showing that your recharge is successful.
And that’s it! The physical recharge card option is a convenient way to top up your balance, especially if you don’t have access to an online payment method or if you prefer the simplicity of a physical card.
Note: Make sure to keep the card safe until you’re ready to use it, as you can only use the recharge code once.
ii. Bank USSD Shortcodes
You can also recharge Airtel via your bank account. This is for Airtel users who have linked their Airtel SIMs to their bank accounts. You can recharge in Airtel using Bank USSD shortcode. Here’s how to go about it.
- On your phone’s dialer app, dial *444#.
- Immediately, you’ll receive a pop-up message with multiple options showing Airtime and the various amounts.
- Select any of the Airtime options
- Choose a payment option either using your debit card or your bank account. When you do this and pay, your bank account will then be debited while your Airtel SIM is immediately recharged.
If you don’t want to go through all these procedures you can simply dial *444*Amount#
Option 2: How to Recharge in Airtel Online
To recharge your Airtel line online, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Airtel website https://www.airtel.com.ng/
- Click on the “Pay & Recharge” option on the top menu.
- Click on the “Prepaid” option and then the “Prepaid Recharge” which takes you to a new page where you input your number and the amount you want.
- Enter your Airtel mobile number.
- Choose a suitable recharge plan or enter the desired amount for the recharge.
- Click on the “Buy Airtime” button
- Select a payment method and enter the required details. Airtel accepts debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and other online payment methods.
- Review the details of your recharge and click on the “Recharge” button to complete the process.
And that’s it! You will receive a notification message showing a successful recharge. You can now make calls, send texts, and use data.
Option 3: How to Recharge in Airtel via myAirtel Mobile App
Are you looking for information on how to recharge your Airtel phone using the MyAirtel app? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Download the MyAirtel app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in using your Airtel phone number.
- immediately you log in, tap on the “Recharge” option on the home screen.
- Select the “Prepaid” option and enter your Airtel phone number.
- Choose the amount you want to recharge and tap on the “Proceed” button.
- Select your preferred payment method (e.g. debit card, credit card, etc.) and enter your payment details.
- Review your recharge details and tap on the “Recharge Now” button to complete the process.
And that’s it! You will receive a message in a few minutes, and you’ll be ready to make calls, send texts, and use data.
Using the MyAirtel app to recharge your Airtel SIM is quick and easy, and you can do it from anywhere with an internet connection. So next time you need to recharge your Airtel phone, give the MyAirtel app a try!
Option 4: Recharge via ATM
Do you also know you can also recharge your Airtel SIM via an ATM? Yes, you can. To recharge your Airtel SIM card using an ATM, follow these steps:
- Insert your ATM card into the machine and enter your PIN.
- Select the “Mobile Recharge” option from the menu.
- Select “Airtel” as the mobile service provider.
- Enter the mobile number of the Airtel SIM card that you want to recharge.
- Enter the recharge amount and confirm the details.
- The ATM will process the recharge and display a confirmation message on the screen.
- Take your ATM card and receipt, and the recharge will be automatically credited to your Airtel SIM card.
Note: These specific steps may vary depending on the bank and the ATM you are using. Also keep in mind that not all ATMs offer a mobile recharge service, and fees may apply for the transaction. Some banks may also have a daily or monthly limit on the amount that you can recharge using an ATM.
In conclusion, recharging your Airtel SIM is a quick process that can be accomplished in a matter of minutes. Whether you choose to do it online, through the Airtel mobile app, or with a physical recharge card, the process is simple and straightforward. So don’t let a low balance slow you down—take a few minutes to recharge your SIM and stay connected no matter where you are.
- How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
How to Share Data on Airtel
How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to check Airtel Data Balance
- How to transfer airtime on MTN
- How to subscribe to Airtel Night Plan
- How to link your NIN to MTN
- How to subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to check your balance on 9Mobile
- How to check your data balance on Glo
- How to share data on MTN
9mobile Data Plans
- How to check your glo data balance
- Glo Data Plans
- How to Recharge 9mobile
- MTN Data Plans
- Airtel Data Plans