Table of Contents
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
As one of the very popular network service providers in Nigeria, Airtel strives to keep its customers happy by creating services that help meet their needs in a convenient, inexpensive way. One of such needs is the ability to send and receive airtime from other users of the network. Therefore, the network service provider has created better alternatives for its users to carry out airtime transfers with other users on the network. In clear terms, these alternatives refer to how to transfer airtime on Airtel.
An airtime transfer is much like a bank transfer. It conveys the same joy people experience when they receive credit alerts on their phones. For this reason, people decide to make or receive airtime transfers to suit certain specific situations. Some people may have run out of airtime but still need to make some important calls. Others could just feel like doing a nice deed out of the kindness of their hearts. Regardless, airtime transfers come in handy whatever the situation.
If you’re looking for a stressless, authentic and easy course of action to adopt as your go-to means of airtime transfer on the Airtel network, this resource has all the information that you’ll need. In this article, I will be guiding you on the easiest airtime transfer methods that currently exist on the Airtel network. I will also be showing you how to transfer airtime from Airtel to MTN in 2022. Consider this as your one stop guide on all things airtime transfer as it pertains to the Airtel network. So, pay close attention to what I am about to tell you because it will literally change your life, lol.
Best Ways to Transfer Airtime on the Airtel Network
The airtime transfer process is swift and straightforward on the network as Airtel has provided certain services just for that purpose. I will be listing them out then explaining in detail all you need to know about using these services.
Airtel Me2U Service
The Airtel Me2U is a service that allows network users to share their airtime with friends and loved ones, as long as they have active numbers that are registered on the network service provider. This method is quite direct and very simple to use. It is a convenient airtime transfer option that only requires you to have sufficient airtime balance to use.
This is how it works:
- Dial the unique USSD code *432*Airtel Number*Amount#
- Enter your transaction pin
- Enter “Send” to end your transaction
Mobile Top Up via Bank App
You can recharge your loved one’s line from your mobile bank app. It follows the same procedure required to make a Mobile Top-Up to your own line. All you need is your bank app or internet banking and an active data bundle. In case you have not downloaded your bank app already, you can get it on Google Play.
Here is how it works:
- Launch your mobile bank app
- Tap on the menu
- Select the Airtime and Data Service
- Select Mobile Top-Up
- Select your preferred network
- Select product type (airtime VTU)
- Select the account you wish to use
- Enter recipient’s phone number
- Enter your transaction pin
- Confirm payment
Mobile Top Up With USSD Codes
All you need to Top-Up your line is to remember one unique USSD code, *444#. The code takes you through a few selections that enable you to purchase some airtime from your bank account, as long as the number you are using is linked to your bank account. After you make a recharge on your line, follow the steps listed above on how to use the Me2U service. But first, let me show you how to do the Mobile Top-Up.
- This is how it works:
- Dial *444# on your phone caller app
- Select the airtime amount from the options provided
- Select your bank
- Follow the rest of the prompts through
Some Vital Things to Note
I have shared valuable knowledge on how to transfer airtime on Airtel with you. Now, here are some things you need to know when using any of the airtime transfer methods listed above.
- The Airtel Me2U service is free of charge and it is applicable to Airtel subscribers only. This means that you can only use this service to transfer airtime to another Airtel subscriber.
- An interesting fact about the Me2U service is that you earn an extra 4% when you buy airtime worth 20,000 NGN and above. Note that the transaction has to occur via the self-care app. Lastly, you have to share the airtime with customers using the Me2U sharing service.
- Airtel Me2U service has no hidden service fees.
- You can make as many transfers as you like due to the fact that no limits exist on the service.
- There are also no limits on the amount that can be transferred using Airtel Me2U.
- Furthermore, you do not need to set up a subscription payment for the Me2U airtime transfer.
- Only prepaid customers on the Airtel network are allowed to use this service to share airtime with their loved ones. So, you may need to check to know if you are eligible.
- Mobile Top Up via your bank app is also free for your use. So, if you notice a charge, be sure to check with your bank instead.
- These transactions are generally inclusive as they do not have to be done on your smartphone. Basically, if you have access to a handset, you will still be able to use this service from the comfort of your location.
- Finally, the minimum Top-up value you are permitted to recharge is 100 NGN.
How to Transfer Airtime From Airtel to MTN
A lot of people have questions on how they can possibly transfer airtime from Airtel to the MTN network. MTN is one of the largest network service providers in Nigeria. So, it is not surprising to learn that many of your family and friends are registered and actively use the network. Naturally, you would want to share some airtime with them at different points in time.
Sadly, Airtel does not have any structure that provides for inter-network airtime transfer. But you can read this informative article on how to transfer airtime on MTN. Nevertheless, continue to utilise all the intel on how to transfer airtime on Airtel. Let your loved ones know that you care about they digital lives by bombarding them with excess airtime 🙂
Congratulations! You now know how to transfer airtime on Airtel. If you have used any of the airtime transfer methods listed above, let me know in the comments. You can also reach out to share other thoughts and experiences that you have. Thanks for reading!
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to check Airtel Data Balance
- How to transfer airtime on MTN
- How to subscribe to Airtel Night Plan
- How to link your NIN to MTN
- How to subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to check your balance on 9Mobile
- How to check your data balance on Glo
- How to share data on MTN
9mobile Data Plans
- How to check your glo data balance
- Glo Data Plans
- MTN Data Plans
Leave a reply