One question that MTN subscribers often ask is how to transfer Airtime on MTN. This feature allows MTN users to send airtime credit to other users. That’s why it is no surprise that this feature is popular among mobile users. MTN Share and Sell is a feature that lets users share their airtime. There are a few ways in which you can share airtime on MTN. This article will provide the right guides on how to do these transfers.
What you need to know before sharing airtime on MTN Nigeria
The rules are first to consider before transferring airtime to other MTN users. Additionally, some terms and conditions apply to postpaid MTN subscribers. The things you need to be aware of are:
- Your MTN PIN is set to 0000. Before sharing airtime with other MTN users, you must change this PIN.
- You can share airtime with other MTN subscribers in Naira amounts, not Kobo. For instance, there are limitations to the amounts you can transfer. You can transfer N100 but not N100.50
- Furthermore, in a single transaction, the minimum amount you can transfer is 50 Naira, and the maximum is 5,000 Naira.
- The maximum amount you can transfer to a single or multiple MTN numbers in a single day is 100,000 Naira.
- There is no limit on the number of transactions you can do in a single day; only the amount limits you.
- For prepaid MTN customers, you must have enough prepaid MTN credit before transferring.
- Lastly, postpaid customers can transfer airtime on MTN if they have a positive account balance.
How to transfer Airtime on MTN via SMS
You can transfer airtime from MTN to MTN using SMS. Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Start by opening up the messaging app on your phone.
Step 2: Next, tap the Chat icon on your phone screen.
Step 3: Type the message: Transfer [User’s Phone number] [Amount] [Your PIN]. For example, Transfer 08355555555 2000 111
Step 4: Send this to 777. * Please note that you are not to include the square brackets( [ and ] ) in your requests
Step 5: You will receive a text asking you to confirm your transfer request.
Step 6: Send the word “YES” to 777.
Step 7: Finally, the amount you sent is deducted from your account. Similarly, MTN will credit the same amount to the receiver.
How to transfer Airtime from MTN to MTN using USSD Code in 2023
An easier method of transferring airtime to other MTN users is through USSD. To make a transfer, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
Step 1: Dial *777* [User’s phone number] * [Amount] * [Your PIN] #. For example Dial *777*08355555555*2000*111#
Step 2: Press Send This will transfer 2000 Naira to the MTN number 08035555555.
Step 3: You will receive a confirmation message that you have successfully transferred the airtime
In this article, we have outlined how to transfer MTN airtime with others easily. We have provided the methods available to MTN users and the steps to follow. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.
- How to subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to check your MTN Data Balance
- How to link your NIN to your MTN line
- How to subscribe to Airtel Night Plan
- How to Check Airtel Data Balance
- How to share data on MTN
- How to share data on Airtel