Are you one of the many Stanbic bank customers who are curious about the new USSD code? If so, you’re in for a treat! In this post, we’ll take a look at everything you need to know about the Stanbic USSD code. So whether you’re a new or seasoned Stanbic user, be sure to read on for all the information you need.
First, let’s get to know the bank.
Table of Contents
Overview of Stanbic Bank
Stanbic Investment Banking and Trust Company Limited (IBTC) bank is a top rated financial institution in Nigeria. They provide financial solutions like personal loans, vehicle and asset financing, MasterCard debit cards, Visa credit cards, home loans, internet banking, small and medium enterprise (SME) loans, and USSD banking. We also offer current, savings, and domiciliary accounts. We offer carefully crafted retail and business banking products to serve both individuals and corporations.
As a major player in financial inclusion, Stanbic IBTC bank is architecting witty innovations to bring banking to the homes of their customers as they map out easier ways to take care of their various banking and business needs. In order to provide customers with convenient banking, the institution also offers self-service channels that are supported by cutting-edge technology. One of which is the USSD banking solution, which we will explore at length in this article.
What is the Stanbic USSD Code?
The Stanbic USSD Code is an innovative solution that allows customers to access their banking services from their mobile phones. In other words, you literally have the bank on the tips of your fingers. How great is that?
Stanbic Bank has made banking easier for its customers by providing a convenient USSD Code – *919#. Not to worry, Stanbic bank ensures that all customer data is kept secure and confidential, making it a safe and convenient way to bank. Using USSD banking service, you have the luxury of accessing the details of your bank account balance, transfer funds, pay bills and more, all without having to visit a physical bank branch. This means utmost convenience, speed, and security of mobile banking, just for you.
If you are a customer of Stanbic IBTC, then conducting banking transactions should no longer be difficult or stressful for you. What could be better in the 21st century than a quick, easy, and secure way to do this with just your Stanbic IBTC USD code and no data required? As soon as you meet the requirements to become a customer, you can proceed. In this article, we will discuss the features of using Stanbic USSD Code, how to use it, common issues that may arise and how to go around them, and some quick tips for effective use of the service.
Benefits of the USSD Code Service
- It is convenient and secure
- Instant financial transactions
- Access a variety of banking services at your fingertips
- Reduced paperwork
- Easy processes
- Instant feedback (alerts) on transaction status
- Free banking services
- 24/7 access to your bank account
How the USSD Banking Works
It is necessary to know how Stanbic IBTC’s USSD banking code, *909# works to be able to use it maximally. First, note that your bank account linked to your mobile telephone number to perform a USSD transaction. In other words, every transaction that you want to carry out with the USSD code must be done using the phone number that is linked to your Stanbic bank account. This means that the service is only open to Stanbic IBTC account holders.
Second, you don’t need to go to a bank to register for the USSD code. All you need do is follow a few easy steps which will be shown you further in this article. Third, there is a limit to the amount of money you can transfer through USSD banking. This limit is determined by the bank depending on the type of account you opened and its terms and conditions. Finally, the service is free but your network service provider (Airtel, MTN, 9mobile and GLO) may deduct a small fee from your airtime for use of this service.
How to Activate Your Stanbic IBTC USSD Banking Code
This is the first step in enjoying the benefits of the *909# quick code by Stanbic bank. To use the *909# service, you need to register it on your mobile phone. You could either choose to activate the service with or without your ATM card. To do the activation with your ATM card, follow these steps:
- Launch the caller app on your mobile phone and dial the code *909*11*1# on your Stanbic IBTC bank registered phone number
- Select – USSD Banking
- Select the ATM card option
- Enter the last 6 digits of your ATM card
- Enter your date of birth using the DD-MM-YYYY format
- Create a unique 4-digit USSD PIN
- Re-enter your USSD PIN to confirm it. Afterwards, you should receive a successful activation message alert
Here’s how to do the activation without an ATM card:
- Launch the caller app on your mobile phone and dial the code *909*11*1# using your Stanbic bank registered phone number
- Select – USSD Banking
- Select – Use BVN
- Enter your 11-digit Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Enter your date of birth in the format – DD/MM/YYYY
- Create a unique 4-digit USSD PIN
- Re-enter your USSD PIN to confirm it. Finally, you should receive a successful activation message alert
Ways to Use the Stanbic USSD Code
Stanbic bank offers convenient and secure banking options with its USSD Code. This short code can be used to access a range of banking services, including balance enquiries, transfers, payments, and more. Stanbic’s USSD Code is a convenient way to manage your finances and make payments without having to visit the bank. Below are specific information on what you can use the USSD code for and how they work.
- There are two ways to make a fund transfer using the Stanbic USSD code. The first option is through direct code like so: dial *909*11*Amount*Account Number# for transfers to a Stanbic IBTC account, or dial *909*22*Amount*Account Number# for transfers to other banks.
Some people may find that the first option doesn’t suit them so here’s the second option:
- Launch the caller app on your mobile phone and dial *909#
- Select Option 1 – My Bank
- Select Option 4 – Transfer
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer
- Select the recipient’s bank
- Enter the recipient’s account number
- Confirm the details you inputed
- Enter your transaction PIN to authorise the transfer. You should receive a notification about successful or failed transaction
Top Up Your Airtime
Instead of leaving the comfort of your home, office or current location in search of recharge cards, get you some airtime with the USSD code. Don’t run out of airtime when you have money in your bank account.
For Self Recharge: To recharge the phone number linked to your Stanbic bank account, just dial Dial *909*Amount#. Here’s an example: To recharge 500 Naira, dial *909*500#, and you will be credited with 500 nairas worth of airtime to the network of your choice.
For Third Party Recharge: To recharge any other phone number with some airtime, dial *909*Amount*phone number#. For example: *909*1000*08104128059#. You can do an airtime top up for yourself, if you have another Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card or you can recharge for family and friends.
Check Your Account Balance
You don’t have to visit the bank or wait for bank statement of account to know how much is in your bank account per time. If you would like to check your Stanbic bank account balanc, then dial *909*1*1#. You will receive the details of your account balance either as a display on your screen or as a short message service (SMS), depending on what feature is enabled on your account.
Reset Your USSD Pin
If you forgot your transaction PIN need to reset your USSD PIN, simply dial the short code *909*11*1# on your bank registered phone number. Then follow the on-screen prompts to confirm. Some people may find that this method does not work for them. If you are in this category, then try this route:
- Launch the caller app on your mobile phone and dial *909# using the phone number linked to your Stanbic bank account t
- Select Option 6 – Other services
- Selecet Option 1 – My Bank
- Select Option 6 – Create PIN
- Input your preferred 4-digit PIN (different from the previous one used)
- Re-enter your chosen PIN to confirm
Common Issues and How to Fix Them
Though it is a convenient and secure way to access and manage your finances, the USSD code for Stanbic bank may glitch at some point when you’re using it. However, like any technology, there can be issues when using the USSD code. Common issues that customers may experience when using Stanbic’s USSD code include problems with navigation, connection issues, transfer limits, using the wrong code, inputting incorrect details, or attempting to use USSD banking without registering first.
If you were experiencing navigation issues, hopefully, this article solves your problem. Connection issues stem more from your network service provider. You can try refreshing your mobile network strength, moving to a network-optimised location, and checking to see that you have the right code types it. Limits usually are a by-product of the restrictions placed on your account in its terms and condition. You may want to reach out to a Stanbic customer service representative as they can help you troubleshoot the issue and ensure that your banking experience is smooth and secure.
Furthermore, ensure that you are using the right code for the right transaction. You can refer to this article for reference. Also, it is a good idea to double-check details like the recipient’s account number, their name and surname in the right order, how much you’re sending, and so on. Finally, please make certain to register for USSD banking first before trying to do a transaction with it.
Usage Tips for Stanbic USSD Code
Using Stanbic USSD code can be an incredibly helpful way to bank on the go. To make the most of this banking option, here are a few tips to effectively use Stanbic USSD code:
- Ensure you are dialing the correct transaction PIN
- Before authenticating any transaction, be sure to verify the amount you are about to send and the target bank account number
- Always remember to keep your USSD PIN secure and do not share it with anyone
- After every transaction, take note of the transaction reference number and success alert message. It may come in handy in the event of a glitch
A List of Stanbic USSD Codes
- Airtime Top Up -*909*Amount#
- Airtime Top Up (Third Party) – *909*Amount*Phone Number#
- Check Bank Account Balance – *909*1*1#
- Money Transfer (Other bank accounts) – *909*22*Amount*Nuban Account Number#
- Money Transfer (Stanbic IBTC bank account) – *909*11*Amount*Nuban Account Number#
- Open a New Bank Account – *909*0#
- Retrieve BVN – *565*0#
In recap, Stanbic USSD Code is a convenient way to perform banking transactions on the go. With its easy to use interface and reliable service, it is a great way for users to access financial services. With the benefits it offers and the tips provided, users of Stanbic USSD Code can experience a hassle-free banking experience, every time.
- Access Bank Code – All you need to know
- Fidelity Bank Transfer Code -Everything You Need to Know
- Sterling Bank Transfer Code
- Union Bank Transfer Code
- Guaranty Trust Bank Transfer Code
Leave a reply