Are you a Union bank customer? Here’s a useful article on the official Union bank transfer code and how it can help you reduce stress, save time, save money and enjoy more value as you bank with one of the foremost financial institutions in Nigeria.
You may be surprised to learn that there are several banking tasks you can complete without physically being at the bank. All you need is an active bank account and a mobile phone. To conduct banking operations, you don’t even need an internet connection. As a Union bank customer, you can carry out a number of banking operations using your mobile device and this is thanks to the Union Bank transfer code. Incredible, isn’t it? Here’s a bit about Union Bank before we dive into their unique swift code.
Union Bank is one of the oldest and major banks in Nigeria. The financial service company was founded in 1917 and is one of the most prestigious and established financial institutions in the nation. The banking service provider creates products and services that are beneficial to individuals, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), corporations, and business clients. The bank has a long history of trust and credibility among its users. Since Union bank is ever growing and adapting to modern technologies, customers can now take advantage of a faster and more secure banking experience due to the introduction of the Union bank transfer code.
What Is the Union Bank Transfer Code?
The official Union bank USSD banking code is *826#. You do it all with this code, literally. For example, your financial transactions can be completed more quickly and wisely with the help of this short code. Additionally, you can send money to other UBN accounts and bank accounts using the USSD code, as well as pay bills, purchase airtime and data, check account balances, and many other things.
One of the best things about this service is that it is available around-the-clock. Accordingly, it means that you can conduct banking operations on the weekends, on government holidays, and even at midnight. Any of the Nigerian networks can be used to access USSD banking services as long as the number is linked to the user’s registered Union bank account.
Features of the Transfer Code
You can perform the following tasks using the Union bank transfer code:.
- Transfer money to a different Union bank account.
- Money transfer to other banks.
- Airtime TopUp for both you and your loved ones.
- Self-serve data top-up.
- Check account balance of your account.
- Set up a new account.
- Pay your bills.
- Make a payment to retailers.
How to Activate the Transfer Code
Before you use the quick code, know that you will not be charged any service fee by the bank for activating the Union bank transfer code. However, your network service provider may charge a small fee when you use this service. In order to use the Union bank transfer code, you must first activate it on your phone. Afterward, you need a debit or credit card, an active phone number, and an active Union bank account to do this. If you already have those, then simply follow the steps listed below to activate the Union bank transfer code.
- Go to the call app on your mobile phone and dial *826#.
- Make sure you use the phone number linked to your Union bank account to dial the code
- You will receive a pop-up notification requesting your Union bank account number
- Enter your 10-digit NUBAN account number into the space provided
- Now enter the last 6 digits of your Union bank debit/credit card
- Enter your 4-digit transfer PIN to authorise the procedure
- That’s it! You’ve successfully activated the Union bank transfer code on your mobile phone
Some Ways to Use the Transfer Code
The Union bank transfer code is very beneficial as there are a plethora of transactions you can conduct with it. Here are some of them.
How to Transfer Money via the Union Bank Transfer Code
You should know that transfer of funds to other bank accounts will attract a service fee of N10 only. To send money from your Union bank account to another bank account, follow the procedures below:
- To send money to another Union bank account dial *826*1*Amount*Recipient’s Account No#
- For example, dial *826*1*5000*2345678901#.
- To send money to other Bank accounts dial *826*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account no#
- For example, dial *826*2*5000*8901234567#
- Enter your Union bank transfer PIN to authorise the transaction
- Confirm the recipient’s account details displayed on the screen
- The funds will be sent to the recipient immediately
How to Check Account Balance via the Union Bank Transfer Code
You can check your Union bank account number using the USSD banking code if you can’t remember it and you need it right away. Find out below how to use the transfer code to check your account balance.
- Go to the call app on your mobile phone and dial *826*4# using the phone number linked to your Union bank account
- You will be required to provide your Union bank transfer PIN
- Enter the 4-digit transfer PIN to authorise the transaction
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen.
- Your account balance will also be sent to you via text message.
All Union Bank USSD Codes
- Airtime TopUp for others *826*Amount*Recipient’s phone No#
- Airtime TopUp for yourself *826*Amount#
- Block your account from other phone numbers *826*6*mobile number#
- Block your account from your phone number *826*6#
- Block and unblock debit/credit card *826*21#
- Cardless withdrawal *826*7*amount#
- Check account balance *826*4#
- Data purchase *826*9#
- Funds transfer to other banks *826*2*Amount*Account no#
- Funds transfer to Union Bank account *826*1*Amount*Account No#
- Pay merchants 826*22*merchant code*amount#
- Request a debit card *826*21#
- Request a loan *826*41#
There you have it! That was a load of helpful information on the Union bank transfer code, just for you. Till next time, happy banking!
- Access Bank Code – All you need to know
- Fidelity Bank Transfer Code -Everything You Need to Know
Sterling Bank Transfer Code