It is no longer news that, the mobile phone has developed into a genuine tool for promoting financial inclusion that is thought to be more affordable, more user-friendly, quicker to complete transactions and generally more easier to use. Several banks have since taken advantage of this genuine tool and Unity bank is no exception. Today, she offers one of the easiest-to-use banking experience via mobile, internet banking and Unity bank USSD codes.
Unity Bank is one of the many banks in Nigeria, with her branches scattered across the nation. Unity Bank is known to always place the satisfaction of her customer as top priority. One of the many ways they do this is to ensure their customers can carry out transactions on their account as well as basic banking functions from the comfort of their homes and any other convenience; hence, the Unity bank USSD code.
The Unity Bank USSD code gives you a convenient way to carry out bank transactions from the comfort of your home, using your mobile phone. In this article, we will be looking at everything you need to know about this service.
Table of Contents
What Expect From This Article
The information you will find in this article are:
- What Is The Unity Bank USSD Code?
- Benefits Of Using The Unity Bank USSD Code
- Unity Bank Codes And Their Functions
- How To Transfer Money Using The Unity bank USSD Code
- How To deactivate the Unity bank USSD Code
- How To Activate the Unity Bank Transactional code
- What Is The Unity bank USSD Daily Transfer Limit
- Unity bank USSD Code To Check Your BVN
What Is The Unit Bank USSD Code?
Customers no longer need to visit a bank branch to make non-cash withdrawals and deposits; instead, they may do it from the convenience of their homes, which lowers the cost of managing transactions for banks and increases client comfort.
Mobile banking powered by USSD can be used to conduct smooth financial operations like money transfers, bill payments, account balance checks and the generation of bank statements
Customers must dial the magic code from their phone that is linked to their bank account in order to use ‘bank on the go’ with USSD code without paying for data.
At the Unity Bank, it is believed that banking should not be a rigorous and stressful process, which is why they came up with a unique code that her customers can use from the comfort of their homes to carry out simple banking functions. With the Unity bank USSD code, banking has become a whole lot easier.
The Unity bank USSD transfer code can be used to make transfers from your account to another account, you can also use the code to carry out other functions, some of which are; check your account balance, recharge your phone, recharge a friend’s phone, register/reset pin/create transaction code, buy data, pay for subscription on your decoder, and many others.
Benefits Of Using The Unity Bank USSD Code
There are so many benefits of using the Unity bank USSD codes to carry out transactions and basic functions on your account. A few of these benefits are outlined below.
- Stress-free transactions: the Unity bank USSD code allows you carry out transactions seamlessly, without having to go through the hassle of bank queues and waiting long hours to be attended to.
- It doesn’t require internet connection and can be done using any mobile phone type. So even without data or an internet enabled phone, you can still carry out transactions using the Unity bank USSD codes. Now tell me, what’s not to love in using the USSD code. If you are not already using the Unity bank USSD code, I am beginning to wonder why…
- It can be accessed easily. The Unity bank USSD code is a 24 hours, 7 days a week service. This means that it is always available at any particular time and anywhere.
- It is totally safe and secure. The USSD code is a safe means of carrying out transaction on your account. The security of USSD codes is further enhanced with the USSD pin. For every transaction you make, you will be required to provide a pin that is known only to you. In cases when our pin gets compromised, you can also easily change it to another one.
- Also, the Unity bank USSD code can be used on any network service provider; Glo, Airtel, MTN, or 9mobile.
Unity Bank Codes And Their Functions
The basic USSD code for the Unity Bank is *7799# you can simply dial this code on your mobile phone and a list of options will pop up, then you can now select the option best suited for your need. However, there are other more specific codes that you can just dial and it will take you directly to the function you want. Below is a list of the useful Unity bank codes and their unique functions.
- To top up your recharge balance: recharging your line/sim card has been made has easy as possible, all you have to do is to simply dial *7799*Amount#
- Topping up another phone number: to recharge another phone number, you can simply dial *7799*Amount*Mobile number#
- Funds transfer: with the Unity bank USSD code, you can easily transfer funds from your account to another account by dialing; *7799*Amount*Account number#
- Check bank balance: to check the balance on your account, dial *7799*0#
- To link your BVN, dial *7799#, select self-service and then select “link BVN”
- If you want to block your account, you can dial *7799*9*phone number#
- Dial *7799# and then select “statement” then also select “full statement” and then duration to get your statement for the duration selected or you can select “mini statement” to get the statement for the past five (5) transactions.
- To withdraw money from your Unity bank account without our ATM card, simply dial *7799*8*amount#
How To Activate Or Register For Unity Bank USSD Code
- On your mobile phone, dial *7799#. You must ensure that the line you are dialing the code from, is the name numbered linked with your Unity account.
- Follow the pop-up message on the screen of your phone to add your account number and your debit card
- Lastly, you will be required to set up a 4-digit pin. This pin must be known only to you as it will be required whenever you want to carry out transactions on your account.
How To Transfer Money Using The Unity Bank USSD Code
Transferring money from your Unity bank account to another account is as easy as ABC, all you have to do is dial *7799*Amount *Account number#. For example; to transfer N10000 from your account to another account number (40112345678), all you have to do is dial, *7799*10000*40112345678#. You will be asked to input your pin and viola; the money will be transferred immediately.
How To Deactivate The Unity Bank USSD Code
If for any reason, you are no longer interested in using USSD codes, maybe, due to a lost phone, lost SIM, or other security reasons, you can simply deactivate this service. You can do that by simply dialing *7799*911#. You can dial this code from any other phone and then follow the prompt.
How To Activate Transactional code
The Unity bank transactional code is needed to transfer up to N500, 000 daily. To activate this code;
- Dial *7799*0#
- Select create or reset code
- If you have multiple cards, then you will have to select the ATM card you wish to use
- Next, enter your ATM card pin
- Next, you can now create a 4-digit transactional code, for example, 0000
- Lastly, enter your USSD pin
That’s it; you have successfully created a transactional code for your account.
What Is The Daily Transfer Limit
While using the Unity bank USSD code to carry out transfers, one must be aware that there is a daily transfer limit. This means that there is a maximum amount that you cannot transfer above within a day. However, if you wish to make transfer above this limit, then you will have to generate a transaction code.
Unity Bank USSD Code To Check Your BVN
You can easily check your BVN on your mobile phone as an existing Unity bank user. This code works for all network service providers i.e.; Glo, MTN, Airtel and 9mobile. To check your BVN on your mobile phone, follow the steps below.
- On your mobile phone, dial *565*0#. This code will only work when dialed from the phone number registered with your Unity bank account
- After you dial the code, you will have to wait for a few minutes. After that, your BVN will be displayed on your phone screen.
For more details on how to check your BVN, check out our previous post https://www.naijastate.com/how-to-check-bvn
Using the Unity bank USSD code to carry out transactions and other functions on your account, guarantees a quick, safe and stress free banking experience.