Palmpay, which debuted in 2018, has become Africa’s top Fintech and has had a noticeable influence on the financial scene of the continent. Still, it is not uncommon to see people who do not know what the Palmpay app is. In this article, we will show you all you need to know about the Palmpay app.
What is Palmpay App?
It is a simple digital wallet that combines bill payment, money transfer, and account opening functions. Make money while you spend it. Your personal wallet can be compared to a digital wallet, which has more features and is simpler to use. It allows you to conduct most daily transactions, such as recharging data and airtime, flexibly from home. In this manner, you can make and receive payments without carrying cash with you.
You can easily access the majority of financial services with a few clicks using the Palmpay app. You’ll need it if you want to simplify your life and reduce your living expenses.
Features of the Palmpay App
Palmpay app has many juicy features, with Palmpay, you have the leverage to carry out a lot of functions from the comfort of your home. Some of those features are;
Palmpay app allows you to leverage open an account free of charge and in just a few minutes. All it requires is your phone number and voila! Your personal digital wallet will be created. The interesting thing is that you don’t have to go through the usual ‘bank account opening’ hassle. You can decide to either open a tier 1, tier 2 or tier 3 account.
Note: The transaction and balance limits for Account Tier 1 are N50,000 and ₦300,000. The transaction and balance limits for Account Tier 2 are ₦200,000 and ₦500,000, respectively. There are no balance restrictions and a ₦5,000,000 transaction limit for Account Tier 3.
Unlike other banks that charges you enormously for money transfer, Palmpay has a different policy; For the first month, there will be limitless free transfers to any bank or financial institution, in the ensuing months, every Tuesday will offer limitless free transfers, on all other days besides Tuesday, the first THREE transfers are free and even cashback, cash coupons, PalmPoints, and other incentives can be used to offset the costs. Transfers made again on the same day for any amount start at just ₦10. This sounds almost too good to be true, but it is in fact very true.
You can pay for goods, utilities, etc. without having to stand in line at a physical store. You can cut costs and save time by using our PalmPay app because we work with more than 500 service providers and billers. Palmpay app allows you to; recharge data and airtime to receive up to 100% cashback plus a bonus of 100 MB of data, use your phone to make payments for trips, betting, water, power, TV, and more than 20 other scenarios, new users can top up their data and get up to 100% cashback.
- There are several other user benefits on the Palmpay app, some of which are; you get N500 for each successful referral of new users you invite, coupons and cash rewards of up to ₦2,000 are available to new users, you receive enormous cashback on all of your purchases. These are just but a few of the user benefits available on Palmpay.
Palmpay App Savings:
Take advantage of fantastic daily interest rates of up to 20% p.a., which you can access whenever you want to! Get better returns on your fixed savings when you lock in your money to earn up to 20% annually!
Palmpay App Loans:
with a flexible repayment option, very low interest rates and many other options, Palmpay remains one of the best loan apps in Nigeria. For more information on how the Palmpay loan app works, check our previous post; “How to borrow loan from Palmpay”
Is Palmpay Legit?
The Palmpay app is 100% legit, so you have nothing to worry about. Palmpay is a NDPR-compliant Mobile Money Operator licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. The app has been trusted for years by a user base of 10 million+, and is now the fastest-growing fintech in Nigeria.
Now that you know how legit the Palmpay app is, what’s stopping you from creating a Palmpay app now?
How to Create an account on the Palmpay App.
To create an account on the Palmpay app, do the following;
- Firstly, you will need to download the app on your mobile phone. The Palmpay app can be easily downloaded either you own an android or iOS devices using these links; for android and for iOS
- After the download process is completed, click on install and wait for it to be fully installed on your device.
- Next, open the application
- Press the “sign up” button.
- Put in your phone number or email address.
- Make a secure password. The password is usually 4 numbers.
- Send it in and watch for confirmation.
How Does Palmpay Protects Your Money?
With a rise in the online scamming, many people have become pessimistic and quite scared to create a Palmpay app. Interestingly, Palmpay has a system in place to ensure your money is protected from scammers.
- Pin: when creating a Palmpay app, you are required to create a secure pin/password, this pin is usually 4 digits and it is different for every customer. You must ensure that your pin is not compromised and that you keep it safe. They also continuously add new user identity verification techniques to their anti-fraud system, such as fingerprint, face recognition, ID, and others.
- Transaction alert: You are notified in real time through the app whenever you send more than ₦50,000 out or when you transfer money to an unknown person’s PalmPay account.
- Interception of transactions: Palmpay will immediately stop any suspicious transaction as soon as it is identified.
- Freeze of accounts: If you discover that you have been defrauded, get in touch with Palmpay through email, social media, our app, or our hotline, 018886888. They will intervene right away and freeze the allegedly fraudulent accounts.
- Putting payments on hold: When the system detects or reports that your money has entered the fraudster’s PalmPay account, Palmpay will place it on hold. In this manner, fraudsters will find it difficult to remove your money from the PalmPay platform.
Note: If you make a transfer from another bank to the PalmPay account of a possible fraudster, we won’t be able to stop the transaction if it’s an ordinary interbank transfer. But we’ll do everything in our power to put an end to the fraud, find the phony account, and return your money.
Palmpay app is one of the leading fintech app in Nigeria. This article provides you with all you need to know about the app.