Everything you need to know about the PYES portal and how to go about registration will be thoroughly covered in this article.
What Is P-YES?
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) was instituted by the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Youth and Students Affairs, in collaboration with the office of the Secretary-General of the Federation (SGF). This Initiative’s primary goal is to provide at least 700,000 Nigerians with work possibilities.
With this initiative, youths will get to explore different skills and information, thereby, creating a society with financially stable youths.
P-YES has five (5) broad categories, they are;
- ICT and mobile money
- Technical acquisition
Before we look at how to register for PYES, let’s take a look at the requirements
Requirements For PYES
To be eligible for the PYES registration, you must meet the following requirements;
- Aspirant must be a Nigerian citizen.
- It is required to Provide a proof of identity (I.e. National Identification number, Valid International Passport, or your Permanent Voters Card).
- Aspiring applicants must be within the age of 18-40 years old to be considered.
- You must understand basic communication in English as well as communication in any local dialect in Nigeria.
- Aspiring applicants must make available a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB). i.e. a person or entity designated to inherit assets if the primary beneficiary dies.
- Aspiring applicants must be of a sound mind.
- Beneficiaries must be able to impact and transform the lives of those within their reach or those around them.
- Aspiring applicants must provide a guarantor; the guarantor could be a religious or a community head.
These are the requirements.
Now that we have known the requirements, let’s go ahead to look at the registration process.
PYES Registration Process
The PYES registration process is quite easy. Note that, PYES registration is totally free of charge on the pyes.gov.ng portal. Hence, you do not need to pay a fee to apply for PYES programme. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
If you want, you can simply download the registration PYES form from the PYES portal or go ahead with the steps below.
- Visit the PYES official registration site via the link (Google Chrome browser preferably)
- Next, click on the application menu at the top right corner of the page.
- After that, you will be required to fill in all the required information.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address.
- Enter the verification code that was sent to your Email address to continue and complete the registration.
Viola! You have successfully registered for the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES).
In case you forgot your password, do not panic or worry, because we have got you covered, so; don’t stress your pretty head over it. Just do the following;
- Click on the “forgot password” menu from the login page
- A link to help you create a new password will be sent to the email address you supplied during registration.
- Enter the link and set your new password.
PYES Login Portal
If you registered for the Initiative already but yet to complete the registration, if there is any change you might wish to make on your application, or if you just wish to login to your PYES portal, kindly login on to p-yes.gov.ng with the details you submitted during registration. Then navigate to the desired menu to complete or make the necessary changes that are required.
Please take note that the Federal Government may decide not to extend the registration process once the PYES registration closing date has passed, so if you want to be on the safe side, make sure you apply before the deadline. To prevent falling into the wrong hands, do not apply for this scheme via any website other than the official PYES registration portal.