The MTN Night Plan is one of the most generous packages you can get from MTN. It makes browsing the Internet much better by giving you a cheaper data plan. This plan has been available to MTN users since June 2016.
In this article, we explain what you need to do to subscribe and what steps you need to take.
Table of Contents
What you need to know prior to setting up the MTN Night Plan
Before we dive into the details of how to do the MTN night plan, let us talk about the conditions you need to be aware of. We outlined these below:
- The plan runs only between 11 pm and 6 am the next day.
- You have to be on the MTN pulse tariff plan; if you are on a different plan, then you have to migrate to the pulse tariff. If you are not on MTN pulse, follow this section on how to migrate to MTN pulse.
- To subscribe to this plan, MTN users must have at least N25
How to migrate to MTN Pulse
As stated before, one of the prerequisites to buying the MTN night plan is to be on the pulse tariff. For those who are not, follow these simple steps:
- Dial *123#
- Type 2 to Choose the Tariff Migration Plan
- Then, type 1 to Choose the Pulse Plan.
A subscription to the Tariff Migration Plan is free. However, if you have used this plan within the last 30 days, you will be charged N100.
What does the night plan for MTN Offer
The plans offered by MTN are two-fold:
- 250MB of data at N25 , and
- 500MB of data at N50
How to subscribe to MTN Midnight Plan using SMS
You can subscribe to the MTN midnight plan by sending the following SMS Messages:
- To subscribe to the 250MB plan, send NT1 to 131; You will get 250MB after subscribing
- To subscribe to the 500MB plan, send NT2 to 131; You will get 500MB after doing this
How to subscribe to the 250MB Plan using USSD Code
You can also subscribe to the MTN 250MB plan by using the following method:
- Dial *406#
- Next, press 3 to select the MTN Nightlife plan
- Select 1 to choose the 25 Naira plan, which gives you 250MB of data
- Select 1 to confirm your choice
- You will receive a message that your subscription was successful (Please note this is valid from 11 pm to 6 am)
How to subscribe to the 500MB Plan using USSD Code
Similarly to the 250MB package, you can get the MTN night code plan to work for 500MB. Follow the steps below:
- Dial *406#
- Then, reply with 3 to select the MTN Nightlife plan.
- Next, select option 2 to choose the 50 Naira plan which gives you 500MB
- To confirm select 1
- You will receive a message that your subscription was successful (Again, note this is valid from 11 pm to 6 am)
Can you subscribe multiple times in one night?
You are allowed to use the code for the MTN night plan more than once. However, the maximum amount of data you get is 2GB of data. That means you are allowed to purchase the N25 bundle 8 times, and the N50 bundle 4 times.
How to check the balance of your night plan for MTN
It will be important to be able to check your MTN balance as you are subscribed to the plan. To do this simply follow these steps:
- Dial *406#
- Select Option 3 to select the MTN nightlife plan
- Lastly, choose 3 to check your balance.
Leave a reply