How to check MTN Number is a question we get very often. You’re not alone if you’re unsure how to check your MTN number. Even the best of us have found ourselves in a situation where we need to call out our number or fill it in a form, only to realize we can’t recall it.
It’s common to have multiple MTN lines, with one as the main line and lines used for browsing and other purposes. However, it’s easy to forget the phone number of a secondary line once you suddenly need it and can’t recall it.
Forgetting phone numbers can happen to anyone, especially if you have multiple SIM cards and phone numbers. The good news is that you can quickly check your MTN number using your phone or from the comfort of your home. In this article, we’ll share some simple methods for checking your MTN number without the need to call customer service, wait on hold, or search for your SIM card packaging.
Table of Contents
Different ways to check your MTN Number
There are several ways to check your MTN phone number; the best part is that it’s free and easy to do. All you need is your mobile phone with your MTN line inserted. Here are three methods you can use to check your MTN number:
- Via USSD code: This is the quickest and easiest way to check your MTN number. All you need to do is dial a specific code on your phone. When you do this, your number appears on the screen.
- Using the MyMTN mobile app: If you have the MyMTN app installed on your phone, you can check your number by accessing your account settings.
- Call a friend: If you don’t have access to your phone or the MyMTN app, you can always call a friend and ask them to tell you your phone number. Calling a friend may take a little longer, but it’s reliable if you’re in a pinch.
Check via USSD Code
If you want to check your MTN phone number using a USSD code, here’s what you need to do:
- Dial *123# on your MTN line.
- A menu of options will appear, including “Account info.”
- Select “Account info.”
- Another menu will appear, including “My number.”
- Next, select “My number.” Selecting your number will show your 11-digit phone number on your phone. Write down the details for future reference.
Alternatively, you can use the USSD code *663# to check your MTN phone number quickly. This code will display your 11-digit phone number on your screen and send you a text message with your number.
How to check your MTN number using the MyMTN Mobile App
Another option for checking your MTN phone number is the MyMTN mobile app. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the MyMTN app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Play Store (for Android devices). You can also send the text message “Care” to 5018 to receive a link to download the app.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Open the app and click the “PROCEED” button on the welcome screen.
- The dashboard will display your MTN phone number. You can copy the number or take a screenshot for future reference.
With the MyMTN app, you can easily access and manage your MTN account from your phone, including checking your phone number. The MyMTN app can be a convenient option if you don’t want to use a USSD code or call a friend to check your number.
Check your MTN number by calling your friends
If you cannot use the previous methods to check your MTN phone number, you can always ask a friend to help you. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have airtime on your phone.
- Call your friend and ask them to call your phone number. If they already have your number on their phone, they can tell you what it is.
- Alternatively, you can call MTN customer care at 180 to check your phone number. However, this method may require you to wait on hold for extended periods.
Overall, there are several easy and convenient ways to check your MTN phone number. With the methods listed above, you’ll be able to access your number from the comfort of your own home.
In conclusion, forgetting your phone number is common, especially if you have multiple SIM cards and phone numbers. Fortunately, there are several easy and convenient ways to check your number. You can use a USSD code, the MyMTN mobile app, or ask a friend for help. With these methods, you’ll be able to quickly and easily access your MTN phone number, whether at home or on the go.
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to check Airtel Data Balance
- How to transfer airtime on MTN
- How to subscribe to Airtel Night Plan
- How to link your NIN to MTN
- How to subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to check your balance on 9Mobile
- How to check your data balance on Glo
- How to share data on MTN
- 9mobile Data Plans
- How to check your glo data balance
- Glo Data Plans
- MTN Data Plans
- How to Stop Auto renewal on MTN
Leave a reply